Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Uncomfortable.

ANTS IN MY PANTS.

 Honestly if I sit at my desk for too long at work I get antsy ,and I text my amazing fiance and just put-

" I want to go sky diving "

And he immediatley knows I am antsy.
Most normal human beings wouldn't jump right to sky diving or getting something peirced out of sitting at there work desk for too long, but I do.


I will say It doesn't help that i've been reading so much about William Wilberforce that it heightens the ants in my pant and then I therefore start acting like the guy from 'House'

Some would say this is good, others say this is bad.
He's a jerk, but he's a really funny jerk.
I get antsy and want an adventure.

If you don't know much about William Wilberforce he was the leader of the pack to abolish slave trade.
His life changing experience with God is truly entrancing.
It's nothing so profound in our human standards... yet his life became so profound.
He was what you call  " the good kind of crazy. "
You can know more about his life from the movie ' Amazing Grace ' which I am not a cry-er at movies but this... it was a goosebump/crying/mess . Or just google him. It's inspiring.

His life reminds me of the verse 
   " Remember this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. " 2 Corinthians 9:6

I guess what makes me pay so much attention to this man's life is he did sow generously with his life.
Years and years, tears, health decay, passion... And it did eventually abolish slave trade.
Was it worth it? Almost driving him to insanity?          - yes.
 I loved that this once young man just wanted to be in politics to play cards, drink, be social, be on top of the food chain, in essence be comfortable not confrontational let alone start a revolution.
I will say I admire how he is all or nothing.

" See what Godly sorrow has produced in you: what eagerness, what eagerness to clear yourselves, what indignation, what alarm, what longing, what concern, what readiness to see justice done... " 2 Corinthians 7:11


I love running across people who are indignant, concerned, eager... with the readiness to do what's right.
Those people whether good or bad- are going to do something wth there lives.
You know people ask you if you could have an hour to talk to any celebrity of choice- I'd pick him.
But he is obviously dead, so I must find his journals.
He totally tops Chris Martin the lead singer of Coldplay- but he made the running too.

Eh and Francis Chan too- which I was revisting his " Crazy Love " book last night before bed and the whole thought of people getting so caught up in the safety of things -  in being comfortable in their lives- let alone christian lives. How does that coexist?

This: is a rare thing.
I do want to be eager, indignant, even concerned with doing the right thing.
It's a fight to keep that lull of being passionless out of life so it can push us past being " comfortable "
, and into "unsafe" territory ( and I'm not just talking about a literal PLACE )

I do want to " sow " generously with life. Not just for the benefit of " reaping generously "
But because Life is short-
And definatley to short to live it passionless.


Courtney









No comments:

Post a Comment